Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The uncertainty of 2020 has tested the resilience of every industry and company, big and small.
To continue to drive innovation and growth this year, businesses are having to get creative. Outsourcing your company’s software and website development work is one way to not only save time and money, but to also catch up with 50% of all other companies. Yes, you read that right, more than half of all companies use third-party support teams in their day-to-day business activities. So how can outsourcing your software tasks put you ahead of the competition? Read on!
Software Project Outsourcing: The Key to Taking Your Business to the Next Level
Outsourced specialists can assist at any stage of software development and can serve all types of clients and industries. When it comes to outsourcing your web development projects, these teams can be hired to design, create, and monitor Java web applications, e-commerce sites, WordPress sites, databases, and more. Outsourcing companies should also have expertise in cloud computing, computer-aided software system engineering, cybersecurity, Java development work, and testing. These providers can:
- Design, test, and develop software according to your users’ needs
- Suggest software upgrades for your current technology
- Create solutions designed to be scaled and integrated with your current business technology
- Monitor that the software runs properly during testing and any follow-up maintenance
- Keep a detailed record of all work for any potential upgrades or changes down the road
Tapping into the highly-skilled expertise of outsourced talent will skyrocket the speed, quality, and outcome of your project into the highly-skilled expertise of outsourced talent so you can complete projects more efficiently and see greater ROI.
The Most Important Step: Finding the Right Outsourcing Provider for Your Goals
Finding the right outsource web development provider is key. To do that, you must first clearly define all of your software goals. Begin by mapping out the project, including budget, timeframes, milestones, and desired software capabilities. If you don’t want to do this yourself or don’t know where to start, companies like Scopic, offer discovery phase services to help you pinpoint the best approach to swiftly achieve your desired product. With defined goals in mind, you can proceed to researching your provider options. When choosing a software development services company, it is important to consider which software outsourcing business model best fits your project scope. When choosing a location model that best serves your needs, consider time zone, language, cost, and culture commonalities. When you are searching for relationship-based software outsourcing business models, you can consider:
- Staff Augmentation
- Dedicated or Managed Team
- Project-Based Models
In a staff augmentation model, the client brings outside talent in-house, manages them, and is responsible for the process and quality of a project. On the other end of the spectrum is the project-based model, where everything is outsourced. Specifications and scope of the work are defined and the responsibility lies mostly on the outsourced team. Dedicated teams fall between the two, with responsibility more evenly spread between client and talent. The differences between these models are defined by the level of involvement and interaction that you, as the client, want when collaborating with your outsource web development talent. Once you understand the scope of your project work and have chosen the best outsourcing model, reach out to each viable provider and compare prices, proposals, solutions offered, and company reviews. Be sure to also take time to examine their portfolio to see the kind of work they are known for. Then it’s time to make a decision and get producing. Scopic is a virtual company that offers the best of the different outsourcing models: affordable prices, high-quality work, English-speaking team members, and we conveniently have different time zones that can accommodate your location. We have provided thousands of high-quality software outsourcing services since we opened our doors in 2006. Let’s discuss the best customized outsourced software solutions option for your company’s needs.
Benefits of Outsourcing Software Development: Now More Than Ever Before!
The benefits of working with dedicated teams or on a project-based outsourcing model especially serve small to midsize companies. For both small and large tasks, outsourcing projects enables you to:
- Access global talent: Your outsourced software provider’s team will be made up of experienced engineers, development experts, designers, and project managers who are adept at completing both general and niche software tasks.
- Increase productivity: Don’t waste time with onboarding. Outsourced experts have set procedures and approaches, allowing them to work quickly and effectively.
- Save money: Outsourcing custom software development is typically more cost-effective than hiring in-house as you will save money associated with recruitment, training and infrastructural development.
- Utilize cutting-edge technology: Don’t worry about purchasing high-tech equipment. Your hired talent will already have all of the programs and tools you need to produce stellar software.
- Mitigate risks: Remember security! When developing your software solutions, your outsourcing providers will be programming with cybersecurity in mind. They will identify risks and implement a system of checks and balances to keep you and your users safe.
Let your outsourced software product development talent produce high-quality technology so you can get back to focusing on your core business activities.
2020: The Year of Outsourcing & Innovation
The new standard for globalized business calls for remote and outsourced work options. As you begin to outsource software projects, you will see that there is a wide array of company work that can be completed in this same way. Getting creative with your outsourcing work will encourage growth in your company and industry. Consider some of these 2020 outsourcing trends to inspire you as you continue outsourcing projects:
- Specialized and tailored software: As the outsourcing market grows, more software niches are popping up to serve industries and provide a greater range of products.
- IT Services, Accounting, and Digital Marketing: These are the top 3 fields we can expect the most outsourcing from in the next few years. If you are in any of these industries, much of your competition is likely already outsourcing work.
- AI and Robotic Automation: Digital innovation is changing the way people shop online. Outsource web development experts can provide you this advanced technology for your e-commerce store.
Outsourcing can be used to optimize all aspects of your business. Get creative and start churning out first-rate work while saving on labor costs in the process. 2020 is the year you utilize the expertise of outsourced talent to propel your business forward.